Circuit Breaker – Troubleshooting
To check a circuit breaker, you can follow these steps:
- Locate your circuit breaker box, which is typically located in a utility room, garage, or basement.
- Look for the main circuit breaker switch. This is usually a large switch that controls power to the entire house.
- Identify the breaker switch that corresponds to the room or area where you are experiencing power loss. The switch may be labeled with the name of the room or circuit it controls.
- Check the position of the switch. If it is in the middle position, it has tripped and needs to be reset. Simply switch it to the “off” position and then back to “on”
- If the problem persist, it might be an indication of a more serious problem and it’s better to contact a professional electrician to check the wiring.
- Never touch electrical panels or wiring if you are not sure of what you are doing or if you are feeling unwell.