To troubleshoot a clogged toilet, there are multiple steps that can be taken::
- Use a plunger to forcefully push down and pull up on the clog. Make sure to create a tight seal around the opening of the toilet bowl before plunging. See video below…
- If the plunger doesn’t work or you do not have a plunger, try these alternative solutions to remove the clog.
- Use a clog remover like Green Gobble or Liquid Plumber, specifically designed for toilets (not sinks).
- Use hot water and dish soap: Add a few cups of hot water and a few squirts of dish soap to the toilet bowl. Let it sit for a few minutes and then flush. The hot water and soap can help break down the clog and allow it to flush away.
- Use baking soda and vinegar: Add 1 cup of baking soda to the toilet bowl, followed by 1 cup of vinegar. Let it sit for 10-15 minutes and then flush. The chemical reaction between the baking soda and vinegar can help break down the clog.
- If the clog is still present, it may be a more serious issue. Please place a request in your Residence Portal (provide as much information as possible to help us expedite the repair and maintenance).