To troubleshoot an issue with a malfunctioning dryer, there are multiple steps that can be taken:
- Check to see if the dryer is properly plugged in and that the outlet is functioning. Make sure the power cord is not damaged.
- Check the vent hose to make sure it is not clogged or kinked, which can prevent the dryer from properly venting heat and moisture.
- Check the controls and settings to see if the dryer is on the correct cycle and that the temperature and load size are set correctly.
- Check the drum to see if there are any foreign objects inside, such as coins or buttons, that may be preventing the machine from operating properly.
- Check the lint filter to see if it is clogged and needs to be cleaned. A clogged lint filter can restrict airflow and cause the dryer to overheat.
- If the dryer is still not working, it may be a more serious issue. Please place a request in your Residence Portal (provide as much information as possible to help us expedite the repair and maintenance).