Dryer – troubleshooting
If a dryer is not working properly, there are several steps that can be taken to try and fix the issue:
- Check to see if the dryer is properly plugged in and that the outlet is functioning. Make sure the power cord is not damaged.
- Check the vent hose to make sure it is not clogged or kinked, which can prevent the dryer from properly venting heat and moisture.
- Check the controls and settings to see if the dryer is on the correct cycle and that the temperature and load size are set correctly.
- Check the drum to see if there are any foreign objects inside, such as coins or buttons, that may be preventing the machine from operating properly.
- Check the lint filter to see if it is clogged and needs to be cleaned. A clogged lint filter can restrict airflow and cause the dryer to overheat.
- If the dryer is still not working, it may be a more serious issue and a repairman or technician should be called to diagnose and repair the problem.
- If the dryer is under warranty, contact the manufacturer or retailer for service.
- Always refer to the dryer’s manual for troubleshooting and specific instructions before trying to fix the problem.
- Check if the dryer drum belt is broken or loose, which can cause the dryer to not start or stop spinning.