No Hot Water – Troubleshooting
If a tenant is experiencing a lack of hot water, there are several steps that can be taken to resolve the issue:
- Check the water heater to see if the pilot light is on or if the thermostat is set to the appropriate temperature.
- If the problem is with the water heater, contact a repairman to fix the issue.
- Check the shut-off valves near the water heater to make sure they are open and not closed.
- If the problem is not with the water heater, check to see if any other tenants have reported a similar problem. If so, it may be an issue with the building’s plumbing or water supply.
- If the problem is with the building’s plumbing or water supply, contact a plumber to diagnose and repair the issue.
- Keep your tenant informed of any progress or updates on the situation.
- Provide temporary solutions such as portable water heater, access to shower facilities in another building or vouchers to use nearby gym’s shower facilities.
- If the problem persists and the tenant has no hot water for an extended period of time, you may be in violation of the warranty of habitability and could face legal action.