Washing Machine – Troubleshooting
If a washing machine is not working properly, there are several steps that can be taken to try and fix the issue:
- Check to see if the machine is properly plugged in and that the outlet is functioning. Make sure the power cord is not damaged.
- Check the water supply hoses to see if they are properly connected and not leaking.
- Check the controls and settings to see if the machine is on the correct cycle and that the temperature and load size are set correctly.
- Check the drum to see if there are any foreign objects inside, such as coins or buttons, that may be preventing the machine from operating properly.
- Check the filters, such as the lint filter or pump filter, to see if they are clogged and need to be cleaned.
- If the machine is still not working, it may be a more serious issue and a repairman or technician should be called to diagnose and repair the problem.
- If the machine is under warranty, contact the manufacturer or retailer for service.
- Always refer to the washing machine’s manual for troubleshooting and specific instructions before trying to fix the problem.